|EEL RIVER VALLEY ATTENDANCE/BEHAVIORAL|
|REFERRAL SCHOOL ATTENDANCE REVIEW BOARD|
|379 12th Street|
|Fortuna, CA 95540|
Basic Guidelines: EC Section 48260 (a) A pupil subject to compulsory full-time education or to compulsory continuation education who is absent from school without a valid excuse three full days in one school year or tardy or absent for more than a 30-minute period during the school day without a valid excuse on three occasions in one school year, or any combination thereof, shall be classified as a truant and shall be reported to the attendance supervisor or to the superintendent of the school district.
- Send the First Truancy Letter when you have evidence of consistent truant absences or tardies. It is essential that we engage kids and parents through intervention.The Education Code above triggers the first letter. Letter one should be sent after the third absence.
- Send the Second Truancy Letter after the sixth absence. After sending the second truancy letter, principals and or superintendents need to contact the parent/ guardian and hold a conference.
- Send the Third Truancy Letter after the ninth absence. After sending the third truancy letter,
- Principals and or superintendents need to contact law enforcement, provide them with background information and schedule time to conduct a home visit.
- IF truancies and/or tardies continue, send a SARB referral to: Rebecca Wilkinson, 379 12th Street, Fortuna, CA 95540
- All referral forms can be found on the SARB Forms tab.
- A School representative must be at ALL hearings.
- All hearings are at Fortuna High School unless notified.